There is 1 item in your cart.
The legal bases of processing data
Cici Flooring may collect and process your data for different reasons according to the legal bases we rely on. The data protection act lists several different reasons for data processing, depending on our relationship with you.Consent
Some data is collected with your consent. For example, if you have ticked a box to receive a newsletter or other marketing correspondence from us.Contract
Some cases require us to use your personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations. For instance, when you have selected a home or business delivery we will use this data to pass onto the selected courier service.Legal
If the law requires us to then we may collect and process your data. For example, in fraudulent or criminal activities.Legitimate Interest
Sometimes we will require to use your data to carry out our legitimate interests which is reasonably expected as part of running our business. Such as combining the shopping history of many accounts to ensure we are keeping up with products trends or demand.
We might collect your personal data
- When you visit our websites to buy products
- When you create an account in our checkout page
- When you contact us via email or our comments section with queries or complaints
- When you phone our call centers to place an order or make a payment
- When you create an account in our checkout page
- When you fill out one of our surveys
- When you enter prize draws or competitions
- When you leave a product review or comment on our service
- When you enter our premise or car parks we use CCTV to record any activities.
What information is collected
- After making an account with us either online or over the telephone, we might collect your name, email, billing and delivery address, past order history and invoices, telephone number. Your password will be secured with encryption.
- When you interact with our call center we may keep notes of our conversations with you, comments or complaints you might have raised.
- To ensure the best webpage experience we may collect how many times you have visited our website and which websites you have been referred from, your country, where your computer is located, the web pages you view, the adverts you clicked on and any search terms you entered.
- Your comments, product or service review feedback.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV if you visit our store or car parks.
Why we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
- To process the orders you have made on our website, in-store or over the phone in order to comply with legal obligations.
- To respond to any correspondence you have raised with us regarding queries, complaints or refund requests.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To prevent fraud and report any illegal activities.
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests, as part of our legitimate interest to you.
- To send you feedback or survey requests to help improve our services. We do this as a part of our legitimate interest to help make our products and services more relevant to you.
- If you have given us consent by opting in to receiving marketing communication. We may send you promotional materials informing you about the latest products, special offers, promotions or competitions available. These may be sent via email, text or telephone. You can opt out of this service any time.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption. We do not store credit/debit card numbers. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and identify ways to further strengthen security.
Data Retention Periods
Cici Flooring will only store your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Once its data retention period has expired Cici Flooring will either delete or anonymize the data. For example, Cici Flooring will keep transactional data for 8 years in order to comply with legal and contractual obligations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation Law 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to us.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- By requesting access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Making changes to rectify incorrect, out of date or incomplete data.
- Request that we stop any marketing communication by withdrawing consent. You can do this by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in the footer of our marketing emails, or by contacting us.
Write requests to:The Data Protection Officer
207 Regent Street London W1B 3HH